Car Care Tips For Brakes
The brake system is one of the most essential safety systems in your vehicle because once it fails; you are not going to be able to stop and that would cause severe damage not only to your vehicle but more importantly to you and your family.
For your own safety, learning about the braking system will help you to know when you need to get your brakes serviced. Remember that a brake service is best left to the experts like the Bosch Auto Service NDM in Labrador & Biggera Waters, QLD.
Brake Pads – It is important to check your brake pads, the friction created by your brake pads is how your car comes to a stop. These components are placed in-between the calipers and the rotors which absorb the energy and heat of your vehicles, providing adequate grip to stop your vehicle.
Brake Calipers – these brake calipers squeeze the brake pads on to the disk and release when you take your foot off the brake pedal. Always keep in mind never to rest your foot on the brake pedal as this cause needless wear, overheating resulting to poor fuel economy.
Brake Rotors – are just as important as your brake pads . These rotors are located on either side of the brake pads; and when you apply the break, the pads compress around these rotors allowing your vehicle to slow down or to stop.
Remember to also check for brake fluid leaks which are caused by broken brake pipes or worn out seals which could result in brake failure. Brake fluid absorbs heat and disperses it throughout the brake system; but these fluids can also absorb water, which can cause damage to other parts of the brake system. Always check your brake fluid and change it once it starts to become dark color.
Here are some signs that your brake pads are wearing off unevenly, and you should get them checked by qualified mechanic:
- Whenever you stop your car, there is a burning smell
- You hear an unusual noise when you apply the brakes
- You may feel pulses in the brake pedal
- Your steering wheel tends to be shaky
- It takes longer time to stop your car than usual
- Whenever you stop, your car tends to pull to one direction/side or shakes
- Simply, the feel of the brake pedal such as if it goes to the floor or if it hardly moves when you press the pedal
Check your brakes regularly in order to keep up routine maintenance on your vehicle; at least this should be done once a year. We recommend that you plan a brake check at the same time you get your tires rotated. At Bosch Auto Service NDM in part of our service is a full brake inspection and we make sure that your brake systems are running at peak efficiency.
Well, that is quite simple really!
What should you do now?
- Book your car in for service or repairs now.
- When dealing with Bosch Auto Service NDM at Biggera Waters, you can be sure that your investment is a good one.
- Want some help or ideas? Just contact us at Bosch Auto Service NDM now.
Some men take good care of a car; here at Bosch Auto Service NDM in Labrador & Biggera Waters, QLD, we treat it like one of the family.